Sunday, October 13, 2013

September 16, 2013: There are Always Things to be Thankful For





This week has been great. There are always things to be thankful for. I have really learned that while I've been here. Sometimes you just have to look harder ;) 

So this week was pretty exciting. We had a tricycle driver give us a fake number and address..so we could teach him. Then later that night he followed us. But the ward member was very kind and helped us. Then we had to go to the police station the next 2 days to report it. At first it seemed really bad, but its actually kinda a good thing. we are now best friends with all the police men and the ward members have really helped. They have talked to the president of the tricycle drivers and a couple other people and made sure to look out for us. So we are actually safer than ever :) See it was a blessing after all. So mom seriously don't worry!
Oh and while we were there the police men asked if they could have pamphlets and they said they'll ask the chief if we can just teach them all there. So this week we might be teaching at the police station. Awesome huh??

So this week we taught Brother Cliffen, he is so great! We testified about repentance and then asked him if he had any questions.. he responded by testifying that everything we said is true and how great his desire is to repent and how excited he is for his baptism... it's like he is our 3rd companion testifying with us. It was awesome. He is so great!

We taught our recent convert Clarren this week. She had just gotten the Gift of the Holy Ghost and she said, "I finally understand what you were trying to explain about how the Holy Ghost really feels." It was so cool. 

We went to my favorite family, the Ramos's and they are so great. We gave the little boys some rumbutan, a small tropical fruit, (like 40) and they ate the entire bag during our lesson, they were so excited. And they had a little squirt gun they kept shooting us with. It was hilarious. I love those boys so much. I sat with them in sacrament meeting because they just come to sit by us and it was quite the adventure trying to keep them quiet. but they drew 'lovely" pictures of my companion and me. I'll have to send one home ;) 

I have simply loved studying the Book of Mormon this week! my theme for this transfer is Alma 27:27  And they were among the people of Nephi, and also numbered among the people who were of the church of God. And they were also distinguished for their azeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly bhonest and upright in all things; and they were cfirm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end. I want to be that diligent. I want everyone to know what I believe just by seeing my face :) 


And I was reading in 2 Nephi 11 about agency. I realized we had to come to earth, be away from God and have choices so we could CHOOSE Christ. "We have to experience hard trials so we can experience the need for faith in Christ"

Oh how i love you all so much! God loves His children. He desperately wants to hear from us and I know He listens while we pray. How incredible that we have to opportunity to speak to the most powerful being in the universe anytime we want to. I know that if we really focus while we are reading the scriptures we will receive insights. We will become ever closer to Christ because we learn about His characteristics (his love and mercy) and in the process become more like Him. 




(This is the entrance to my neighborhood. Did i mention its beautiful here?)

Love, 
Sister Kimberly Foote

No comments:

Post a Comment