Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 4, 2013: God has Confidence in Us

Kim's District:

and companion:

Kamusta Family!!! Maayong Hapon!

Well another week has passed at the dear mtc. I still love it hear a lot. There are certainly hard days and long days but its great. I LOVE getting dearelders from everyone. It is always the highlight of my day! 
We teach about once a day. We have 2 teachers and they are also our "investigators"... welcome to learning a language no one speaks. but it's cool because they can see where we are struggling and how to give us advice and stuff. I love my teachers so much!!! Brother Speicer has been home like 8 months.. and he is just so intune with the spirit. He always knows when we need encouragement and what to say. and Sister Tamang is the cutest. she has been home for 1 month and served in my mission. 

She has only told us a little bit about it. but it seems pretty crazy. I still don't feel like I'm really leaving the MTC and going to the Philippines. It feels like when I eave I'll just go back home...but I actually won't be home for a very long time. It's worth it though. There isn't anything I really really miss. I know I'm supposed to be here. Even if learning the language is super difficult. God has confidence in me.. that's why he called me to the Philippines, so I just have to trust in that. 

Relief Society every week is an incredible speaker. Last week was Sheri Dew... I was sitting on the 2nd row. It was way cool. What an inspirational lady. And the devotional on Tuesday was Brother Richardson, the BYU religion professor who is in the general sunday school presidency. He was really good. He talked about each call being received through revealation and God having confidence in us. He knows where we are at right now in  our lives. He knows all our weaknesses and experiences and called us anyway. We need to trust him and believe we can do this. 

Dad I have been trying hard to do what you said.. there are scared 19 year old girls that need someone to be there for them. I am trying to be strong and be a support to everyone in my district. I have had some really great conversations with a couple of the girls. I am happy people can trust me and I can help them. I am so impressed by the faith and strength these girls have. I look up to them so much. 

How wonderful that God allows us to support and help each other. 

Love love love 

Sister Kimberly Foote
P.S. MOM AND DAD!!! I have been telling everyone you're coming to the mtc. I CAN'T wait to see you! ...and you'll look 20 years younger than all the other senior missionaries.. at least haha. 
Kabalo ako nga manluluwas si JesuKristo. Kabalo ako nga kilala ni JesuKristo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment