Thursday, August 1, 2013

July 25: God Will Bless You When You are in His Service


I leave for the Philippines in 4 days!!! I still love the MTC but I'm getting more and more ready to leave. I only have one real day of class left. It's so crazy and a little bit sad. I have grown so so close to my district. I love them all so much and my teachers are the greatest thing that have ever happen to me. They are so sweet, so funny, and so incredibly in tune with the spirit. It is amazing. It feels weird to be leaving and I just keep thinking there are other things I need to learn but our teachers say they are confident that we are ready! It's really amazing all we have learned. 
 
This week has been great. We got to host new missionaries again which was super fun. I loved meeting the two girls I hosted. They are going to be awesome missionaries. It's cool to remember how  far I've come and how much I've changed.
 
Probably the best part of the week is that I was able to memorize the whole 1st vision in ilonggo in one day (last friday). It was awesome. I really love it and can feel the power of the words even if they do just sound like gibberish. I know I was blessed to be able to learn it that quickly and it's been fun to help the other missionaries in my district learn too. My companion and I will just stop random missionaries outside and recite the first vision or bear our testimonies to them. It's a lot of fun.
 
I sang in the choir for the last time on Tuesday and we sang Praise to the Man. It was an awesome version and really cool. 
 
Life in the MTC is great. I love it. I love it. To all those considering a mission.... Go :) Don't be afraid or feel too inadequate. God will bless you when you are in His service. This work is so so important and can truly change and bless lives. All the things I thought I'd miss? I don't. I don't feel like I'm really sacrificing, I'm just getting blessings. We are helping God find His children.. What a great call. He is absolutely involved in this work. It is truly worth every sacrifice.
  
Anyway i love you lots and lots and lots. Kabalo ako nga makahimo ko ini (I know that I can do this. haha)
Next time you hear from me ill be in the Philippines!!!!!! And I'm sure I'll have a lot of adventures to report. Love you all so much! Pray for me. I'll need it now more than ever :) 
 
Sister Kimberly Foote

No comments:

Post a Comment