Thursday, August 1, 2013

July 31: The Philippines-- Different than Anything I've Ever Seen


I made it to the mission home this morning. We traveled for over 2 days and slept for 5 hours in a hotel. We are in Bacolod now and its GORGEOUS!!! It's like Hawaii but better. It's so pretty. There are fields and beautiful trees everywhere.
But it's crazy. So crazy. Different than anything I've ever seen. The poverty is so evident. There are shacks built connected to each other everywhere with bamboo walls and dirty floors. Seriously so crazy. And those will be my areas. They keep all the sisters close to Bacolod so the senior couples can help if they need to. They greeted us at the airport today and they are so cute.
All the food I've had so far has been delicious.. the fish heads will come later.
It doesn't feel real but ill meet my companion today and start teaching tomorrow. (She is with her trainer, Sister Rosdahl, in the photo above.)

I love you, I love you, I love you!!!!!!
Love,
Sister Foote

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. I hope you get a chance to take pictures. I've never been to Hawaii but I can only imagine how beautiful it must be. Its sad to know that such poverty exist and I pray that through your teachings that they know Heavenly Father loves each and every one of them and it is through Him that they will survive such hardship. U are missed and I can see just by reading your messages how much you grown spiritually. Love you.

    ReplyDelete