Saturday, September 7, 2013

August 12, 2013: If We Really Know God, We will Trust Him


Kamusta kamo pamilia. Ma-ayong aga (Hi everyone. Good morning)

Those are the words I use the most... pretty much all I can confidently say haha. It's good though. I'm loving it here. 

The start of this week was pretty rough, but the end was good. We had ward conference and we had 3 investigators and 6 less actives we have been teaching come!!! so awesome :) And one of the less actives hasn't been to church for 6 years. 

Last week when we were trying to get home we went like 5 minutes too far on the bus and when we got off we were lost because we are both new to the area. We were taking the jeepney home but it was dark and pouring rain so we couldn't see our neighborhood. (You just yell "here" when you want them to stop. There are no "bus stops") so we went too far and when we got off we were lost. A member who happened to be on the bus too jumped off and walked with us until we found our neighborhood. People here are seriously so nice! She was late for work but helped anyway. And we were walking on a 1 foot wide path in the dark with a 7ft drop off into muddy water. Awesome times here. 

People here are sooo funny. Oh my goodness. The little kids are just so excited for us to come to their houses. It's so cute. And they love giving high fives. 
And the people STARE at us everywhere we are. Every person. We are the only Americans I've seen since I've been here so they are just happy to see us. Everyone calls us beautiful all the time....yeah we are covered in sweat and so gross..so whatever. 

I see funny things here everyday. There are lizards that just hang out on everyone's walls all the time. It's fine, no one cares and sometimes they chase each other. It's entertaining. And there are chickens fighting in the streets and what not. It's great. There are ants everywhere, but i haven't seen any huge gross bugs.....yet.

I have a shower bucket. Not that bad minus it's cold water. And i have to wash my clothes in a bucket every week that's a little rough i don't really know what I'm doing. But i have 2 Filipino sisters in my house so they try to teach me, and just laugh and say I'm cute because I'm doing it totally wrong. 

Teaching is going pretty well. I always bear my testimony and pray and try to teach a few principles or recite the first vision. It's hard because I don't really understand what the people are saying most of the time...so I just guess based on facial expressions mostly. When people ask me questions I just kinda stare at them because i don't know what the right response is. I also taught the bishop and his family fhe last week... kinda intimidating in Ilonggo.

 That's what the nice houses look like. We also teach in some bamboo huts. 


I have been studying a lot about God's love and I know the scripture in John 17:3 (And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.) is so true. If we really know God we will trust Him. He is so loving and merciful and only does things to help us. WE are his work. (Moses 1:39--For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.)


President Hinckley said we need to bring people into the gospel with kindness, so that's my goal for the week. Love and serve everyone.

I am loving life here, even though some days are hard. I am grateful for what I'm learning and for my faith. God loves us. He loves us. 

I love you so much!!!

Love, 
Sister Foote

Alma 31:34-35--
 34 O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ.
 35 Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment