Saturday, September 7, 2013

September 2: There are No "New Missionaries", Just Missionaries who can Receive Revelation and Love People


This week was great. And hard. and Good. So random again.. here goes.

I left a member's house and tried to put my shoes on.. we always take them off when we enter their house. And I had 3 cockroaches in my shoes. Awesome! 

Funny story. I went to the store last week and bought grapes.. well apparently they don't grow grapes here so they are super expensive.. like you eat them on Christmas only. so they were 385p....that's sooo much! like a jeepney ride is 5 or7p. Really funny when i figured it out. The sisters in my house were laughing so hard. 

Then it was raining really hard during personal study so it was starting to come in through the windows on our books. so my companion put a bucket on her head and ran outside to close the windows haha. 

I cut my foot so I can't walk and I can only go so far on crutches. The hospital was fun though ;) especailly on hard roads. So I can't really work this week. so we'll see what happens. Pray for me to be positive, productive, and happy anyway. 

My all time favorite missionary got transferred this week. I was so upset. He really has been such a great, positive example to me of how to be happy and loving. He has truly blessed the rest of my mission and encouraged me to become better. He reminded me when I left that there are no "new missionaries", just missionaries that can receive revelation and love people. Although I am still struggling with the language I've learned to show people my love without words. I LOVE playing with the little kids. They are so smart. And know way more Ilonggo than I do. haha. But we have so much fun, and I'm trying to learn a magic trick this week. Just love people, just love them.

So one of the highlights of the week was teaching the Ramos family...my favorite. We taught the little boys how to pray and helped them say the opening and closing prayers. It was sooo awesome. I am just so excited for that family and all the blessings the gospel can bring them. They said they feel ready for their baptism now. :) When the little boys see us coming they just start sprinting towards us. It's so awesome. 

We challenged another man to be baptized and he said the coolest thing. "Malipayon ko sa magbalik sa Ginuo" I am happy to return to the Lord. It was beautiful. 

Another cool thing. We were looking for the LA Ponteras family and the ward missionary lead us to a different Ponteras family's house who are awesome and way excited about the gospel. She is a member and he isn't, but he said he really wants to be with his family forever and we are just excited for them. I told him how much Heavenly Father loves him and compared it to how much he loves his baby. 

Just encourage them. If you want people to change give sincere compliments and guide them. Don't tell them they are doing things wrong or insult them.. that will never give you what you want. Just sincerely care about people. I just keep learning that more and more. 

Sister Cruz who lives in my house left this week too. We cried when she left. but she will be great in her new area. It is incredible the people God has put in my path. I feel so blessed to have met such wonderful people.. including missionaries. They inspire me. Such great friends. 
The good news is the new sister is Sister Young from my mtc district!!!! i love her so much. 

God knows us. If we are looking we can see His hand. 

I'm sorry, Steven, about your leg!!! We will be on crutches together. 

I love you all so much!!! Thank you for the support, prayers, and letters. 

Love, 
Sister Foote

No comments:

Post a Comment