Monday, November 11, 2013

October 14, 2013: This is God's Work and I Feel Privileged to be one of His Instruments



Here was an FHE birthday party.


So, that spider is actually a lot smaller than some of the others. Gross, huh?  


The lady in the yellow has a son that was Jordan Royal's mission companion. Crazy, right?
 



The sugar cane field is what life looks like here everywhere. 
Hello Family!!!!!! 

I got to watch General Conference this weekend and it was awesome! I loved it :) and you'll all be happy to hear that I did not fall asleep at all... I know miracles! Believe it. It happened! Oh and we watched it all in English... so yeah i don't even know why they translated it.. I'm excited to listen to general conference in Ilonggo when I get home.  

I went on exchanges this week with Sister Sanders... who happens to live in my house too. It was great! We had a great time and I learned a ton. She is about to go home and it was cool to hear her speak and really got me excited to keep learning, and keep becoming a better teacher. 

We had a great district meeting on Tuesday.. I love my district! .. and we talked about how life is like a downward escalator. if we are not always striving to step up, or keep climbing, to keep progressing then we will be digressing. We have to always strengthen our testimony of the gospel, to always be reading the Book of Mormon. We never reach a point of safety.. a point of we have a strong enough testimony we don't need to worry about it anymore. 

We have a baptism on Friday for Clifen. I am super excited. His wife is a member and they have a 3 year old... she is so cute, she cooks me "food" during our lessons... But they are so excited to be sealed in the temple and he is just awesome. He always testifies during our lessons, its awesome. 

We went to an investigator we haven't taught in a few weeks (and we had only taught one lesson before) and she said she has been reading the Book of Mormon with her daughter. She said she read whenever she is having a hard day or they have a problem and she feels peace and even gets goosebumps. It was so cool to me that she felt prompted to turn to the Book of Mormon during trials and she found peace. There is so much power in the Book of Mormon!!! 

How is the wedding chapel doing??? Tell everyone I say Hi ok? I miss that place. I miss my camera.... but this work is SO  much more important. It is incredible. This is God's work and I feel privileged to be one of his instruments. 

The scripture I really liked this week Alma 38:2 God wants our steadiness and our diligence. It is more important that we consistently do what is right, consistently turn our lives to Him than to have one perfect day. or one awesome super powerful experience. 
I finished decorating my scripture journal this week.. on the front it says, "My everyday testimony: I developed my testimony in small ways everyday and not but one miracle moment." It is so true. It's awesome to always be able to feel the spirit when we read the scriptures. 

I am super excited to get the Ensign of General Conference. I loved it.
A few random quotes I loved:
"Live in the spirit" 
"Blessings could be a great capacity to act and change our own circumstances" 
"There is yet a place for you here. Come join your talents with ours. There is room for you in this church. Come and join with us"
**"The church is designed to strengthen the imperfect and the struggling!!"
"Make scripture reading part of a regular routine and the blessings will follow"
"Live by faith, hold fast to hope, and be compassionate to others"
"There is an urgency in sharing the gospel"
and lots more..I loved Elder Scott's and President Monson's talks. 

I love you all so much! 

Sister Kimberly Foote

No comments:

Post a Comment