Monday, November 11, 2013

October 21, 2013: They are so Excited to go to the Temple Next Year






Family!!!! It's kinda crazy you will all be together this weekend. That's weird to think about. Enjoy the wedding for me!!!! Enjoy being together. And don't forget to talk about how awesome I am and how much you miss me! :) 

I am so excited for Jason and Shanna!!! 

So this week has been great, of course. My companion has been really sick the past few day. We think she has a parasite but she is too stubborn to go get tested.. so hopefully we will find out today. So she was out for the count a couple days, but God is still blessings this area. We were only able to work for a limited number of hours this week but we were still able to teach more lessons than ever before! Isn't that crazy!? This is truly God's work. 

This week was a lot of fun! We went bowling with the other sisters last week.. don't worry I'm even worse here.. if that's possible. 
And we had a service project this week so we got to to do laundry in the river.. naglaba ako sa suba!!!! so fun. It's so gorgeous and peaceful too. It's kinda crazy to realize this is people's everyday lives. But it was fun to help. Humbling for sure. Oh, and while we were washing there was about 15 naked children playing in the water around us... that's how they all 'shower' in the river. 





Two other sisters in my house and I "showered" in the rain this week! it was soooo funny. It was pouring rain, so we grabbed our shampoo and ran outside. It stopped raining soon after we got out so we had to use a bucket a little too, but it was sooo funny. I love being able to have fun and still be me, and be a missionary too. I am truly enjoying my mission. 

We felt the earthquake, but everyone in our mission was very safe. It wasn't too bad, so nothing was damaged on our island. Sorry to worry you all :) 

I got Jas and Shan's wedding announcement this week... SO CUTE!!!! I loved it :) 

We had the mission tour this week with President Nelson and it was awesome! He and his wife are sooo great, and they know the Teixeiras, of course. I told them about Mom and Dad's mission and they were way excited. Their family is basically exactly like us and they reminded me a lot of Mom and Dad... you know what that means, Dad... get ready to be the area president of the Philippines ;) 

I have now been on my mission for 4 months!!! sooo only 14 left, that's a long time. but I'm excited about it. I love this place. Transfers are this week and it's possible I'll start training. Let's hope not... for that new missionary's sake! 

We had another baptism this week for Clifen! He is so great... His wife is already a member and they are so excited to go to the temple next year. I can really see him becoming a great leader in the church. Their daughter is 3 and I'm so happy she will now be raised in the gospel. 

Oh, I took family pictures for 2 recent convert families after church today and I'm printing them later. They aren't the best but at least they have something to hang on their wall now :) It's cool to still be able to use my talents here




And I rode on a jeepney to church yesterday.....next to a live chicken. Yep, that happened. And after church someone had a bag of goldfish next to me. What is this place? so funny

Pray that transfers go well. Pray for me to have strength to do this work this week and a positive attitude to do it. Pray for my investigators to read and progress. 

I love you all so much!!!!!

Love Sister Foote

No comments:

Post a Comment