Monday, November 11, 2013

October 7, 2013: We Can Always Find Something to be Grateful For Or to Complain About

This week we had zone meeting, follow up training, and fingerprinting for our visas. It was all good times. I really enjoy seeing other missionaries; it's a lot of fun and it's cool to see there are so many of us all teaching these wonderful people. 

At zone meeting Sister Vansluten (love her!) came up to me and said she is always excited to see me because I'm always so happy, that I always bring so much happiness to a room. How sweet right!? She goes to BYU too, and we are so excited to be friends after our missions too :) Wouldn't it be so fun if we were ever companions! 

Speaking of, transfers are in 2 weeks!! So I'll be all done with my training. if I had to guess I'll be staying in this area and Sister Rosdahl will be transferred, but who knows.

Sometimes I just think life is so funny! I just start giggling about so many funny things that have happened. It's great. One of the funniest things of the week was when we were teaching fasting and they just were not getting it. So the 3rd time around we were explaining... "when you don't eat or drink" and were about to say that's called fasting and you receive blessings, but our investigator shouted "We die!!"uh.. yeah that's true. ok... uh... it was so funny! 


We went to Rosario this week. It's my favorite area. Everyone has bamboo huts but its awesome. They are sooo kind! And everyone is just so happy. We are just gonna baptize the whole village! :) Wait, but wouldn't that be awesome if we did?? We have like 25 investigators there. Anyway, so we were teaching and there was like 10 kids all playing with me. Oh they are so cute! They would put leaves in their hands and put their closed fists in front of me. I would open them and act surprised to see the leaves.. and they would just laugh so hard and run and get more. we played that game for like 20 minutes. haha. They are so awesome. These kids just need some attention :) 
And the area is so awesome because all of our investigators are keeping their commitments! They are reading!!! We came back after our first lesson and our investigator, Pia, is in 1 Nephi 9! and Reynelda was in 1 Nephi 15! Awesome right? Its so obvious if they are reading the Book of Mormon.

And we had to move the investigator class to the bigger room because so many investigators are coming to church now... so awesome right??
In other news... I killed 3 huge spiders again this week. So fun ;) 

Some things i have learned this week: 
Number 1. Once again,  we can always find something to be grateful for or complain about. And how important it is to be kind, to be optimistic, to show gratitude. Like on Saturday we had to go to the chapel to get fingerprinted for our visas. There was a lot of missionaries there so we had to wait for like an hour. But it seemed like such a blessing to me!! 1. We didn't have to go to some government building and wait in lines and pay money to get this done. 2. We got to see all the missionaries and had time to talk to them. 3. The office elders and senior couples did so much to make sure it all ran smoothly
It just depends on what you look for :)

And number 2. I have been blessed in my patriarchal blessing that I will be able to influence others, so I need to do that. I need to always find ways to be kind to others, to build and lift them. To take time to see how their day is. :)

And 3. The worth of EVERY soul is great in the sight of God.

Number 4.  One of the biggest things I have learned is to enjoy life. Enjoy it! Every day. Even when things are hard, figure out how you can enjoy that too. Don't wish away your days waiting for better ones to come. That is something I always did before my mission. but now I just love every moment.. I'm even working on loving weekly planning haha :)

This is truly God's work. I can't even express how grateful I am to be one of His instruments. Especially here in the Philippines Bacolod mission.  I know this is exactly where I need to be. I feel so blessed to be able to help people come closer to Jesus Christ. What a blessing it is to serve a mission!
I love you all so much!!!!!

Love Sister Foote

No comments:

Post a Comment