Sunday, November 10, 2013

September 30, 2013: God Blesses Us When We Do What He Asks



This week has been great. Hard of course, but good :) 

So funny things of the week. We were teaching like 5 investigators outside, but we focus our planning all on one of them, LynLyn. So we're excited to start teaching, I say the opening prayer and when we open our eyes like 5 kids are missing and so is LynLyn. Apparently during the prayer a visitor came so she had to leave. We were very confused.

Everyone here wants to have lighter skin so ALL of the soap in the store has whitening in it... that is definitely something i don't need so its hard to find any good soap. 

We had some Takway earlier this week.. it's actually a root but people eat it. It was super good but we all started having itchy swollen throats so we panicked that we were dying.. haha. But the good news is apparently that just happens if you don't cook it enough.. so I'll be eating that again later. hmmm Now that I think about it maybe it's a bad idea... 

Yesterday I was about to eat breakfast and I saw a spider bigger than my hand on the curtain... great times! Really more excitement than anyone needs in the morning. The spiders here are so gross! and so big! 

We had a big ward fhe night on Friday and it was so good! So many people came and everything. When we left one of the 3 year old boys yelled, "Bye Bye best friend" to me. It was so cute! 

Ah, we are about to have a brown out so I have to go all the sudden. This week was great though. We had our baptism this week with 3 investigators. It was awesome. They are so great and its so awesome to be apart of someone changing their life. One of them was telling us yesterday about how they didn't have enough money to buy food for the day but they paid to go to church anyway, and then miraculously they were able to get 30 pesos so they could buy food too. God blesses us as we do what he asks. 

I have been helping a girl in our ward prepare for her mission and it's so awesome. I'm so excited for her. She is incredible. And the super exciting news of the week! Novemeber 2nd Elder Neil L Anderson is coming to our mission!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited :) 

I love you all!

Sister Foote


No comments:

Post a Comment