Monday, November 11, 2013

October 28, 2013: Our Investigators are coming out of the Walls


My investigators Lea and her friends Reggie and Romel.. they all have baptismal dates...now they just have to come to church


The baptism of Reynelda and Mansueto 


and our dinner after :) 


I am so glad everything went to well for the wedding. It really does sound perfect. Of course I was dying to be there, but to honest it wasn't too hard. I love my mission so much. i love my investigators.

We had a baptism on Saturday night... same time as the reception and it was soooooooo great.!!!!!! Mansueto and Reynelda were both baptized. Their family....who are becoming interested in the gospel came too. And they cried. The spirit was super strong!!!  Oh it was the best. Thinking about them never having the gospel so I could go to the wedding--just not worth it! 

About an hour after I got off last week we found out about transfers. My companion was transferred on Tuesday and my new companion is Sister Bendoy. She is Filipino. She is going home in December so this is her last transfer. She is really good and super sagad... talented.. at the language. I am so excited! I feel like I will learn SOOOO much this transfer. It will be great. She speaks to me 90% of the time in hiligaynon. so I'll learn fast, and I lead every lesson because she wants me to be ready to train next transfer. The other 2 sisters in our house are sister training leaders... so president gave me 3 new trainers :) But it's awesome. I love it. They are helping me so much with my language and just seeing what kind of missionary I really want to be. It's great. I am really excited. Prayers are answered and I am really happy to still be in the area. I love it. 

It is weird to be the only American anywhere now though. They all speak faster because they know Sister Bendoy can understand and it kinda feels like I'm left out of the conversation all the time. It's hard but its getting better. 

It's hard, of course. All the sudden I am leading the area which I wasn't at all before, but it's good. It's good to learn.

Things are good here. As in awesome. listen to how funny this story is... so we are teaching this guy, right.. he is like 60 and it's a first lesson. We are in the shack house and then 4 minutes into the lesson part of the wall starts moving... and someone comes out. It was like a separate board in the wall. Anyway so she starts listening and is SUPER super receptive. Our investigators are coming out of the walls!!!!! So good. 

This week we have the baptism of Lyn Lyn and her son Axyll. He is 9 and sooo excited for his baptism. They are soo good. President's vision for our mission is weekly baptisms and it is happening! It is happening! In 4 weeks we will have 6 people baptized and a ton more have dates right now. It's incredible. I truly know this is God's work and I am simply and an instrument in God's hands. 

I committed Anthony Basa (13) to be baptized last night. It was really good. I was worried he wasn't going to say yes but he surprised me. He said yes! and he is going camping with the youth this week. I'm so excited

Elder Carver from my batch is now in my ward too, so that's fun.
I love you all. Keep praying for me to learn Hiligaynon and continue to improve and be patient, have energy. and be happy in all things :) 

Never forget to read the Book of Mormon. No matter what. It's key! 

Love Sister Foote

No comments:

Post a Comment